Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Remembrance

On July 13, 2007 I said good-bye to my beloved Molly. She had been with me for about nine years as I had adopted her when she was around ten years of age. You can see her pictured with me and my dog Lady. Molly was a little black poodle who wandered into my heart and made herself at home. She never asked for much, just someone to love her and the occasional lap to sleep in. My dog Lady had become extremely attached to Molly and always looked after her. Even sharing treats and food when she would with no one else. She was with me when I said good-bye. Molly kept on going right up until the end when she finally had a stroke. I'm grateful that she did so well for so long. I know it's never long enough for us, but I knew from the look on her face that she was ready. Molly has been the first one of my own that I have had to make the decision to let go. I am comforted in knowing that where she is now she is running free from arthritis with clear vision and perfect hearing. I look forward to the day when I see that curly top again, but in the meantime I know she will be well looked after.

No comments: